So “the church” is against the proposed constitution with religious leaders rallying masses to reject the same. While I am up to date with all “the church’s” campaigns (the good, bad and ugly), I am quite angered by a number of things:
- I worship (not belong to or subscribe to) a certain “church,” by virtue of my relationship with God and will proudly vote YES in support of the proposed constitutions. Question is do I stop being a part of “the church” because “the church” is against the new document?
- Who gave “the church” moral/religious/constitutional authority to represent my views regarding the draft?
- Who gave “the church” the right to interpret the proposed constitutions for me?
- Why should I care that that “the church” has read the said document?
- When did “the church” decide to take up my decision making right (the very essence of my liberty) without my consent?
- And lastly, who the fuck is “the church?” and who does he/she/ it/ think they are? Continue reading